VLC for Android is a media player that can play most audio and video formats without the need for any codecs to be installed. It also supports streaming media from network sources and can play files stored on network-attached storage devices.
We will help you download the VLC for Android for PC and install it fast. But you must know the technical specifications of it before that. Here are they:
Download & Install VLC for Android on PC: Windows 11/10/8/7
You want to download and install VLC for Android on your computer, but how do you do that? Well, BlueStacks android emulator can help you install and use it just like you do on your Android phone. Here are the steps you’ll have to go through:
- Download the BlueStacks emulator now; you’ll find it in your download folder where you can install it from.
- Double click on the file and it will ask for your administrative permission. Agree to that and be sure to uncheck unwanted apps that it comes with.
- Now, finish up the installation by opening the BlueStacks emulator. You’ll see Google Play Store is here.
- Log into your account with your Gmail email pass then search for VLC for Android on the search bar on top.
- Now you will see the installation options from the search results. It won’t take long to install the app from start to finish.
- After that, you can just use the VLC for Android as you do on your android phone or tablet, but with a bigger screen.
|App Name:||VLC for Android On Your PC|
|Supporting OS:||Windows,7,8,10 & Mac (32 Bit, 64 Bit)|
|Category:||Video Players & Editors|
|Updated on:||Aug 8, 2022|
|Get it On:|
VLC for Android Andorid App Summary
Videolabs is the developer of the VLC for Android, and they have the app under the Video Players & Editors of Google Play Store. The latest version of the VLC for Android from them is null with over 310799898 users under the hood. With a 4.1 rating, the VLC for Android is clearly a popular choice for users for the job it does.
Latest update date of the VLC for Android is Aug 8, 2022, so you’ll find the latest features. However, you can’t just use the app directly on a computer, you need to use an Emulator to do so. Our recommendations for emulators are BlueStacks, Nox Player, and Memu Emulator.
Do you need a guide to download and install the VLC for Android on your computer using an emulator? This article is all about helping you do just that! Stick to the guide below.
VLC for Android App Overview and Details
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.
Features of VLC for Android for PC
media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to save files to it.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network streams.
• It needs “control vibration”, to control the vibration feedback.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” to keep playing video files.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, to change the audio volume.
• It needs “view network connections” to check whether the network is available.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to show the popup video view.
Whats New In this VLC for Android?
* New wigets!
* Redesign of the audio list, album and about screens
* Improve tablet and foldable support
* Network indexation
* Improved accessibility
* a lot of fixes and improvements
The VLC application for Android provides a great way to enjoy videos on your device. The app is easy to use and provides a wealth of features that make it a great choice for watching videos. Whether you are looking to watch a movie or TV show, VLC for Android is a great option.
That’s it! We hope that the guide above has been a help for you to install it on your computer. Need to know more about the emulator or the VLC for Android? Let us know!
We refer the ownership of This VLC for Android to its creator/developer. We don’t own or affiliate for VLC for Android and/or any part of it, including its trademarks, images, and other elements.
Here at bestappsforpc, we also don’t use our own server to download the VLC for Android. We refer to the official server, store, or website to help our visitors to download the VLC for Android.
If you have any query about the app or about bestappsforpc, we’re here to help you out. Just head over to our contact page and talk your heart to us. We’ll get back to you ASAP.